College Counseling Team
|Director of College Counseling||Jennifer Luquefirstname.lastname@example.org||O: 623.866.4730 ext. 423||C: 602.489.4654|
|College Counselor||Kathy Jenkinsemail@example.com||O: 623.866.4730 ext. 421|
College admission representatives can now go to https://hs.intersect.hobsons.com/community/to schedule an appointment with our school.
- August 14th 7:00pm Colleges That Change Lives Presentation Pointe Hilton Tapatio Cliffs Resort
- PSAT/SAT Test Prep Class – August 15-October 20 – Register & Pay by May 18 for Early Bird Rate. Click Here for Flyer
- Sunday, October 14th 1:00-3:00 ASU Memorial Union College Fair – Phoenix, Arizona Link
- Saturday, October 20th Great Hearts College Symposium for TPA Juniors Link
- Sunday, October 21st NACAC College Fair 11:00 – 3:00pm Phoenix Convention Center
- PSAT – Wednesday, October 24, 2018 (Offered during the school day to all 9th-11th grade Trivium Prep students)
- SAT – Saturday, November 3, 2018 (Families are responsible for registering their student)
- Here is the link to register for the SAT: https://sat.collegeboard.org/register
ACT and SAT Prep:
Here is the link to register for the SAT: https://sat.collegeboard.org/register
The Office of College Counseling at Trivium Preparatory Academy believes that the process of applying for college should be one of positive self-discovery that fully engages students, parents, and counselors. We help students assess their individual abilities, talents, interests and aspirations, and we provide the knowledge, guidance and support for students to identify and seek admission to appropriate colleges and universities. Our aim is for students to consider carefully a range of “good matches,” creating the best possibilities not only for acceptance, but also for success once enrolled.
College Counseling begins when a student enters Trivium Prep. Our small size allows us to know students well and thus provide effective, individualized counseling. We meet with freshmen and sophomores as needed, focusing on counseling them to earn the best grades they can, building an extra-curricular profile and standardized testing. We meet with juniors a few times each semester in College Admissions 101 and with juniors in their second semester to prepare a preliminary list of colleges that fit each student’s ability, interests, and goals. Students continue to meet with their counselor on a regular basis throughout the first semester of their senior year as they navigate the latter stages of the process.
The College Counseling office maintains a strong rapport with college admissions officers across the country. We travel throughout the year visiting college campuses and attending conferences. The entire Great Hearts network of college counselors work very hard to build and maintain strong relationships with the admission officers all over the country. Such relationships not only ensure that Trivium’s strengths and rigorous curriculum are well known and understood, but also facilitate discussion of individual candidates, when appropriate.
Please also send comments, suggestions, and links to other possible resources to the Trivium Preparatory Academy’s College Counseling Team, Mrs. Jennifer Luque at firstname.lastname@example.org & Mrs. Kathy Jenkins at email@example.com.